Friday, September 9, 2011

Reflection on Science Olympiad Course

This shall be my last post for my science e-portfolio. I will be reflecting on the science olympiad course I have been offered to enrich my learning in science. Having attended all of the sessions of the science olympiad course, I must really say that I have learnt a lot and even topics like ecology where I am learning in the normal syllabus, science olympiad teaches this topic more in-depth. I am exceptionally grateful to my science olympiad teachers for teaching me so patiently as I sometimes could not understand the information taught. I enjoyed the biology lessons the most as I feel that biology is more easy to understand for me and may also find it easier to learn because the first topic taught was ecology which I have already learnt when I was in primary school. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the lessons of the other two sciences as well. All the trainers have really spent their time and effort in preparing the notes and teaching us, hoping to finish the syllabus in time so that we can benefit and do well in the quiz which will be given at the end of the course. On the whole, I must say that the course is teaching quite little topics but in detail for all and some even corresponds with what I am learning in the normal school syllabus. I really enjoy this course and hope that I can join it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment